Silver Creek Middle School
The purpose of this project is to construct a new middle school in the Bethesda-Chevy Chase cluster to accommodate growth and help alleviate overcrowding at Westland Middle School. This new building is designed for a capacity of 944 students with the core spaces designed to accommodate 1,200 students. Twelve (12) additional classrooms have been master-planned for future expansion.
Building design goals included:
• Creating a defined and welcoming entry with administrative suite control and supervision.
• Designing a building with functional spatial relationships.
• Developing a facility that allows easy supervision of students.
• Allowing convenient and secure non-school hours access to activity areas of the building.
• Designing a structure that respects the surrounding neighborhood.
• Minimizing the footprint of the building to preserve existing green space and trees.
2018 LEED Gold Certification